Open Terminal and type
defaults write com.apple.dock hide-mirror -bool true; killall Dock
Revert to default
defaults write com.apple.dock hide-mirror -bool false; killall Dock
A temporary solution against the solid white background of Mavericks’s dock on left or right.
1) Change the problematic album into “As Grid” view
2) Click and hold the star of the album, and then drag its rating to 0
Note: Individual track ratings will not be affected.
Spotlight function takes up a lot of system memory. To disable Spotlight Indexing, type the following command in Terminal:
sudo mdutil -a -i off
To enable, type
sudo mdutil -a -i on
Just click on the column header will do.
To remove dock auto-hiding animation latency immediately, key in the following in Terminal:
defaults write com.apple.dock autohide-time-modifier -int 0;killall Dock
To restore it, key in the following:
defaults delete com.apple.dock autohide-time-modifier;killall Dock
To fix the hanging problem of Linksys E4200 router when working with Apple TV’s mirror function on iPad 2 or newer:
1) Log in to the router
2) Disable CTF under Management of Administration
That’s all needed to fix the hanging problem associated with Apple TV mirror function.
To free up inactive memory
1. Run Terminal from Utilities Folder under Applications
2. Type Purge at the command prompt and press return
3. Quit Terminal